Kevin Lewis
Technical writer, manager, and instructor with 25+ years' experience

Understanding Connected DataProtector

Company: Connected (later acquired by Iron Mountain) See in résumé

Summary: This manual explains the architecture and concepts of a server-based data-backup system. The project began as my own when I was working in a technical writer position, but it later required more writer resources when I assumed a management position with the company.

Production: My team used FrameMaker to write the content and Acrobat to generate the online version of the manual. The manual was based on templates that I helped design and a writer on my documentation team developed.

Authorship: I wrote approximately 25% of the manual's topics. The remaining 75% was written by other contributing writers.

Audience: The manual's audience included different types of administrators ranging from network technicians to help desk support staff. The audience had a range technical backgrounds, but they understood computer terminology at a much greater level than standard end users.

View sampleView Sample

Note: This sample requires Acrobat Reader to be installed on your computer.