Expertise with Documentation, User Content, and Training
I am a seasoned and versatile technical documentation professional and instructor with over 20 years of experience in the technical writing field, predominantly documenting software products and services. My technical writing and teaching expertise includes:
- Online help, user guides, and technical manuals
- Tutorials, online demos, and technical training
- Structured authoring and single sourcing
- RoboHelp solutions
- Development of new documentation groups, strategies, and deliverables
- Classroom instruction and writing (technical and non-technical) education
I currently teach as a Professor of Practice in Technical and Professional Writing at WPI and previously taught as an Associate Professor of Practice in the Professional and Technical Writing program at Virginia Tech. I also serve as the Associate Director in the Professional Writing program at WPI.
My background includes a master’s degree in technical and professional writing, documentation group management experience, course and e-learning development, and a published JavaHelp book for O’Reilly. Please take a look around my website, and feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you would like more information.